Monday, October 8, 2007

A Different World...

whenever i dream
i dream of a different world

sometimes, it is regarding the enigmatic world of Harry Potter
and sometimes, it is about the weirdest of the people i have ever met!!

sometimes, it is about my love...
oh..when my covert desires come into light
i usually wake up during the middle of the night!!

rarely i see myself realising my aim
don't want to take decisions that are lame

yeah! whenever i dream, i dream of a different world
far away from reality
far away from the right sense of practicality

and then my Mum wakes me up
in her usual taunting way
but little does she know what my conscience says....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

heyyyyyy its damn nice sweety
keep it up!!!!

Unknown said...

u have improved a lot on rhyming and putting beter words in place...

wonderful attempt

Cheers

Unknown said...

nice one tha... i really hope n wish u really reach the top.. keep it up..

Roop Rai said...

awesome!! i wrote something like this a while back too ... let me search for it and share ...

Mampi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mampi said...

Wow Mithu (not sure u want me to let this cat out of the bag or not, but i have let it out)
its great
keep it up

Roop Rai said...

my first poem ... similar to yours :)


She lay in the waters
Comfortable, warm
Spilling, splashing
Creating ripples
High tide, low tide
Waves in control
No ships to navigate
No jaws to fear
No dolphins to play
With the lone little mermaid.

Big brown eyes
Long, flowing hair,
a perfect tan:
She is alone.
None to share her sorrows,
None to fight with:
Her banal existence
Hopes for a morning.

Then there was light
The sun shone bright
The mermaid’s spirits soared.
But it was not to be.
Shreiking mother's voice
Broke through the tranquil morn
Time to step out of the tub:
A world was shattered.

The skylight spoke a hoarse whisper
It was dawn.

Mampi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mampi said...

You know what Mithu and Roop?
I was just telling M that they are both wonderful writers. And I was just telling Roop, that you two have taught me a lesson.
I want to be neither shrieking, nor taunting to my daughter. Maybe I will behave like that with her some time, at some point of time, mothers get frustrated too... you will understand wen you become mothers urself.
But Thanks for your insights. As Roop says, I learn fast. ;)
I deleted the earlier comment becos I had discovered a typo.

Nishtha Saxena said...

i can understand mum's feelings now.. but sometimes i lose control completely. i regret it afterwards.. how i wish i could be less impulsive!!